Welcome to Continuum Pediatric Nursing
Home Health Nursing, PT, OT, SLP and Behavioral Health Services
Founded over twenty years ago on the belief that many institutionalized children could benefit greatly from highly skilled in-home nursing, we’ve been at the forefront of a nationwide movement here at Continuum Pediatric Nursing that recognizes that for many young patients, the nurturing support of family and familiar surroundings is critical to their long-term emotional and physical well being.
Our vision, matched by technological advances over the last two decades, now allows an increasing number of children who survive birth defects, or who have severe illnesses, to move beyond indefinite confinement in a facility and into physician-directed nursing care in their own home surrounded by their own families.
We’re proud to have set the standard for pediatric home care in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD Metropolitan areas – including the Northern Virginia and Maryland suburbs. And we are excited that our offices in the Pittsburgh PA, Chicago IL, Norfolk/VA Beach VA, Denver CO, Charleston SC and Charlotte/Hickory North Carolina areas have continued our tradition of innovative care. We also now offer Speech-Language Pathology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioral Health services in selected locations.
We are Joint Commission Accredited, Medicare/Medicaid Certified, and endorsed by countless families, discharge planners, case managers, and virtually every major insurance company in the communities we serve.
The goals of each Continuum Pediatric Home Care Team are to:
• Normalize the life of the child in the family home, school and community.
• Minimize the impact of the child’s unique condition.
• Foster maximal growth and development.
• Develop realistic, functional and coordinated home care plans for the children and families.
• Respect the roles of the families in the care of their children.
Our Mission Statement guides us towards these goals daily:
• To deliver the highest quality of nursing care with compassion and kindness to patients in their homes while respecting the unique needs of each patient and their family.
•To provide a cost effective continuum of care adjusted to the special needs of each patient.
•To encourage a professional and supportive environment for employees that promotes competency expansion through education and training.